The three little girls

Diggy,  Dilly, and Daisy, walked into their study. Miss Lisa was waiting for them. "Hello girls,  today we will talk about the days in a week. Diggy, tell us the names of the days in a week."

Diggy,  the youngest of all the three,  looked at the teacher 😳.  

"Come on, speak. Last week,  I taught you the names of the seven days. Start telling them"

Diggy  said," Mon is a day, Tue is a day..."

"Stop,  stop.  What are you saying? Didn't you learn the names properly? "

"Yes Miss Lisa,  she did try but couldn't speak it well. So, I tried to make things a little easier for her," said Daisy smartly. Miss Lisa was astonished. "Dear Daisy,  have you completed your homework? "

"Oh, yes, I have." Daisy handed her Math homework to the teacher. 

On the page was written- seven plus one is equal to seventeen and seventy-one. 

"Daisy,  what have you done? Does seven plus one add to seventeen and seventy-one? How did you write this?"

"Oh yes, I did give a thought to it.  But Miss, as you had given me two numbers seven and one, I thought of writing it in two ways. Seventeen and seventy-one, that's all!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With Miss Lisa

A Little Conversation